- Exhibited at the Tokyo Summer Forum2021.
Aiming to become “The Green Glocal Business Producer”
|Company Name||Sakura International Inc.|
|Incorporation||February 2, 1980|
|Capital||72.7 million yen|
5.61 billion yen (fiscal year ending August 31, 2019)
4.1 billion yen (fiscal year ending August 31, 2020)
Mitsubishi UFJ Bank, Tamade Branch
Mizuho Bank, Abenobashi Branch
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Tennoji Corporate Sales Dept.
Resona Bank, Abenobashi Branch
Nanto Bank, Tezukayama Branch
The Bank of Kyoto, Namba Branch
The Senshu Ikeda Bank, Sakaisuji Branch
Representative Director / Ken (Kaneyuki) Myohdai
Director / Naoto Igarashi
Director / Masashi Ueki
Director / Justin August
Director / Nobue Nagaoka
Auditor / Hitoshi Matsui
Auditor / Keizo Sakata
Corporate Auditor / Kazuo Kaneko
|Number of employees||207(as at March 2021)|
■ Full turnkey event servicing for all kinds of domestic and international shows (MICE, Sports, B2C) including planning, 2D/3D design, production, onsite construction, operations and organizer support and management.
■ Extension of the above real events globally (glocal) and online
■ Digital/online development (IT NOW Unit)
■ Online content/Video content production
■ International advertising and PR business (overseas media agency)
■ Security & temp staffing
■ Promotion of reuse system (SRDS²) for decorative materials used in real exhibitions
Sakura modular system rental
|Registrations and Permits||
General Construction (Construction Industry and Interior Construction Industry) Minister of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Permit (General-29) No. 23638
Security Tokyo Public Security Commission Permit No. 30003524
Temporary Staffing Licensed by the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, No. 27-301845
Employment Agency Business Permit 27-YU-303348
Outdoor advertising business registration (Osaka Government No. 2020109)
Privacy Mark No. 17001295(05)
ISSA GBAC STAR certification (Osaka Head Office/Tokyo Global Office)
- April, 1972
- 出来事の見出し Founder Ken(Kaneyuki) Myohdai, starts business as an overseas advertising agency, acting as the exclusive Japanese agent for the German publishing company Meisenbach GmbH, Bamberg.
- February 1980
Reorganized and incorporated as a private company under the name “International A&M Corporation”.
Initial capital set at 1 million yen and headquartered in Osaka.
- December 1981
- 出来事の見出し As exclusive agent in Japan for the British publishing company Publex International Ltd., acted as Japan Secretariat for the Singapore edition of the International WIRE Exhibition held in Asia for the first time with 23 companies from Japan participating.
- November 1982
Invested own capital to establish a branch office in Japan after working with the Singaporean decoration company designated as Official Contractor for the Wire Asia exhibition. Started sales activities in Tokyo.
Established a business model of "local production" in Southeast Asia, China, etc.
- February 1989
- 出来事の見出し Dissolved alliance with Singapore decoration company. Established Sakura Display Co.
Began domestic and international event and display business and activities to promote use of modular decoration system.
- February 1990
- 出来事の見出し Nara Factory established.
- December 1994
Company name changed to Sakura International Co.
Authorised capital increased to 10 million yen.
- February 1997
- 出来事の見出し Became Official Contractor for East Hall 3 of the 43rd Tokyo International Gift Show. The company continues to increase business utilizing its past achievements, know-how and network.
- February 2003
- 出来事の見出し Capital increased to 42 million yen with investment from Osaka Small and Medium Business Investment & Consultation Co. The first depot in Kanto region opened in Higashisuna, Tokyo, and Tokyo office opened at the same time.
- November 2004
- 出来事の見出し Head office moved to 1-22-11 Harimacho, Abeno-ku, Osaka City.
- April 2005
- 出来事の見出し A second warehouse/factory was set up in Shin-Kiba, Tokyo as Tokyo No. 2 Studio, 5 minutes from Tokyo Big Sight.
- May 2006
- 出来事の見出し Sales and design departments are relocated from Tokyo Studio 1 to 1-15-1 Botan, Koto-ku, Tokyo (Monzennakacho), and Tokyo Global Headquarters is established.
- December 2008
The first "SAKURA International Decennial Meeting" was held at the Tokyo Big Sight Reception Hall.
All 100 employees plus more than 200 people from 80 overseas and domestic partner companies attended.
- April 2009
- 出来事の見出し Became designated contractor for Tokyo Big Sight (Big Site Workshop)
- October 2009
- 出来事の見出し Sakura International Employee Stock Ownership Plan established.
- October 2009
- 出来事の見出し Became a designated contractor for Saitama Super Arena.
- January 2010
- 出来事の見出し Tokyo Studio 1 and 2 were merged and a new Tokyo Factory opened in Soka City, Saitama Prefecture.
- December 2011
- 出来事の見出し Liaison office established in Dubai.
- May 2012
- 出来事の見出し Authorised capital increased to 72.7 million yen.
- June 2012
- 出来事の見出し The International Society for Stem Cell Research (ISSCR), chaired by Prof. Shinya Yamanaka, held at Pacifico Yokohama.Sakura International appointed Official Contractor for the exhibition and poster panel area.
- August 2012
- 出来事の見出し Tokyo Head Office moved to Fukagawa Sanwa Building, 2-5-9 Monzennakacho, Koto-ku, Tokyo.
- October 2012
SIBOS (SWIFT International Banking Operations Seminar) held at INTEX Osaka, with Sakura International acting as local partner for the UK-based Official Contractor to set up exhibition and seminar area and arrange utilities and exterior signage.
＊SWIFT International Interbank Commerce Association【Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication】
A privately owned co-operative that provides cloud services for communications between financial institutions. The headquarters is near Brussels in Belgium, but the association has offices worldwide to service its shareholding financial institutions located in various countries. All kinds of international payments and transfers are made through Swift.
Sakura International has worked major banks every year since Osaka in locations such as Dubai, Boston, Singapore, and London.
- November 2012
- 出来事の見出し Opened US office in Spokane, Washington.
- December 2012
- 出来事の見出し India office opened.
- March 2013
- 出来事の見出し Opened liaison office in Shanghai, China.
- December 2013
- 出来事の見出し Appointed Official Contractor and acted as Secretariat (AMC – Association Management Company) for Semicon Japan, the world's leading international exhibition for microelectronics.
- October 2014
- 出来事の見出し In the presence of their Majesties the Emperor and Empress of Japan and Prime Minister Abe at the opening ceremony, IBA (International Bar Association) International Conference and Exhibition held at the Tokyo International Forum, with Sakura International acting as official contractor for the exhibition.
- June 2015
- 出来事の見出し Opened office in INTEX Osaka.
- August 2015
- 出来事の見出し Opened USA office and factory in Las Vegas, USA. (Sakura International USA, Inc.)
- March 2016
- 出来事の見出し Head office moved to ENDO Building, 1-7-3 Bingo-machi, Chuo-ku, Osaka.
- une 2016
- 出来事の見出し At IFCAA (International Fire Chiefs Association in Asia), we received orders for the Asian Fire Chiefs Conference and the Disaster Prevention Exhibition. At the Disaster Prevention Exhibition, actress Ms. Norika Fujiwara was the mascot girl, and there was a demonstration of a rescue from all kinds of land, sea, and air disasters. In the basement exhibition hall, an actual earthquake experience room was built. Sakura International was involved in all aspects of the event, including organizing the international conference in cooperation with the Hyatt Hotel and producing posters.
- April 2017
- 出来事の見出し Gastech held for the first time in Japan at Makuhari Messe. Sakura International appointed as Official Contractor handling the organizer's secretariat, venue decoration and exhibitor liaison, based on our experience in exhibition management and ability to handle overseas and domestic business. Gastech is one of the largest events of its kind in the natural gas industry, attracting major international oil companies, national oil companies, global utility companies, engineering contractors, shipbuilders, manufacturers, distributors and service providers.
- December 2018
- 出来事の見出し The second "SAKURA International Decennial Meeting" was held at the Tokyo International Forum, Imperial Hotel and Happoen Garden. A total of 220 employees and more than 470 people from overseas and domestic partner companies gathered for the two-day event.
- January 2019
- 出来事の見出し Moved the Tokyo Headquarters office to the 5th floor of the Daini Kamei Building, 2-17-13 Kiba, Koto-ku, Tokyo.
- August 2019
- 出来事の見出し Annual sales achieved new high of 5.61 billion yen before income tax.
- February 2020
- 出来事の見出し First half-year sales hit 3.87 billion yen with pre-tax profit of 650 million yen.
- August 2020
- 出来事の見出し The 41st fiscal year ended with sales of 4.10 billion yen and income before tax of 0.03 billion yen due to the impact of the Corona pandemic.
- August 2020
- 出来事の見出し In order to strengthen Sakura International by promoting DX and other IT, we divided our business into three sectors and named them as Sector 1 (AMC and CMC business), Sector 2 (new business/DMC and VMC business) and Sector 3 (IT NOW business).
- February 2021
- 出来事の見出し Exhibited at the 8th Events and Amusement Expo.
- March 2021
- 出来事の見出し Exhibited at Osaka MICE Safety Promotion Expo 2021.
Our new business concept: Real X Glocal X Virtual
PLANNING AND SALESA group of specialists covering a wide range of fields
Our planning and sales departments are based in Tokyo and Osaka, and is comprised of numerous specialists to handle our wide range of promotions and events. We also have a large number of bilingual and non-Japanese staff with a proven track record in global events.
CREATIVEConstantly evolving solution proposals
Based on the three pillars of "Real × GLOCAL × Virtual," we provide three-dimensional solutions that combine multiple technologies to meet changing business models in DX. By harmonizing and amalgamating these technologies we can help companies achieve their goals and create memorable experiences and impressions for visitors.
ORGANIZER SUPPORTProviding international and IT-savvy secretariat services for the DX era
We offer the best solutions for event management in this era of remarkable change by creating and managing secretariat operations for organizers, exhibitors, and visitors. Our experienced staff provide a full range of services. In addition to handling domestic and international VIPs and managing international conferences, we offer advanced performance in the DX era at low prices.
MARKETINGSpecialist team for new business development and global expansion
We are a team of marketing specialists who developing new businesses in multiple fields from real to virtual, domestic to international. We offer a wide range of corporate PR services, from new proposals to project execution. Whether it is a one-off event or an entire branding campaign, we can help.
PRODUCTION AND MANUFACTURINGThe front-line department immediately responding to customer needs
We have offices and subcontracting plants in the United States, Shanghai, and Dubai, in addition to inhouse factories in both East and West Japan to actualize our customer's requests based on the event plans and drawings. We have a wide variety of display materials to flexibly respond to various needs. We are also involved in the development of new products, and our production department can supply any kind of materials. Our supply capabilities are among the best in Japan. In response to the recent pandemic we have also launched a crisis response team and have created infection prevention equipment using proprietary materials.
GENERAL AFFAIRSThe administrative hub of the company promoting DX with the combined power of people, materials, funds, and intellectual property
We not only support our frontline teams with human resources, infrastructure, and funds, but we also aim to capture revenue through legal technology, including intellectual property rights generated by RGV promotion. We are also working on implementing ERP as an efficiency tool to further strengthen our role as corporate controller.
Love events? We are recruiting new staff now!
From the time we started recruiting new graduates, Sakura International has considered diversity hiring to be the standard for our company, and we want to establish a flexible recruiting framework that is not bound by the Japanese convention (lump hiring of new graduates). We are not limiting our recruitment to new graduates, but also opening to mid-career applicants to attract people with a wide variety of experiences and values.
New graduates: Those who expect to graduate from a four-year university, graduate school, junior college, or vocational school in or after April 2021.
Any faculty, department, or major is acceptable
|We are looking for any of the following kind of people:||
＊Those interested in Sakura International and the MICE industry.
New university graduates: 220,000 yen
Commuting allowance (maximum 20,000 yen/month), overtime allowance, business trip allowance, onsite allowance (Production team only)
Once a year (in September) or at the time of contract renewal.
Twice a year (July and December) typically 3 months salary in total (depending on performance)
Osaka Head Office, Tokyo Head Office, Tokyo Studio, Nara Factory
Standard working hours: 9:00-18:00, 8 hours actual work (60 minutes lunch break)
Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, summer vacation (8/13-8/15), year-end and New Year holidays (12/30-1/3),
Unemployment insurance, worker's compensation insurance, health insurance, and employee pension
|Welfare and Health||
Employee stock ownership plan, internal recruiting system, maternity/childcare leave system, shortened working hours system, support system for thoseacquiring qualifications, regular health checkups, employee consultation service, subscription to welfare service (optional), etc.
3 months (50% travel allowance, 50% field allowance (Production team only), other conditions are the same)
Please click "Entry" at the top or bottom of this page to proceed to the application page.
Is it possible to do the job interview online?
Yes. Applicants who are unable to travel or prefer to interview online may do so by Zoom or similar.
Is there a commuting allowance?
Yes, up to a maximum of 20,000 yen per month.
What is the dress code?
Please describe the training program.
On your induction day a lecture is given with a general overview of the company. After that, you will be given OJT with your assigned team.
Are female staff welcome?
We have a large number of female staff and provisions for maternity leave so they may stay on after having children. We are proud of the fact that all of our female staff who have given birth have returned to work after leave.
What level of Japanese language is required for international staff?
We generally require the ability to communicate effectively, N1 of the JLPT or the equivalent.Internal communication is typically in Japanese language.